Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stockholm, Week 3

Hej!

I have now been in Stockholm three weeks. Time is flying by. Tomorrow, June 25th, is the Midsummer's Eve holiday, and the office is closed! This week also marks the longest, and lightest days of the year.

On Friday, our marine friends hosted a geeks and gangsters party at their house. While I didn't dress up, my lovely friends Amanda and Cecilia were inspired by Revenge of the Nerds. Oh, the days of theme parties makes me miss college!


We then went to a club called Berns, popular with our local Swedish friends. Berns is a hotel, restaurant, lounge, club, and is huge! The chandeliers hanging in the lounge/ asian restaurant over the grand hall are fabulous (pictured here).





On Saturday, I shopped around and at sushi at the Hotoret market "Hay Market", a new favorite! Sushi, miso soup, and green tea hit the spot.

Saturday night, we ventured out to try a restaurant in Gamla Stan (Old Town) owned by a family from Paris, Texas! Called Grill Ruby, this restaurant bottles their own homemade barbeque sauce, and is popular with locals and Texans alike. I ordered a chicken quesadilla, and a margarita. While it may have been the most expensive tex mex ever purchased, it was worth it! I'm hoping to have a mexican fiesta at my house where I can introduce texmex food and margaritas done right for my Swedish friends.

I am trying to get caught up on my posts, so more to come soon. Ciao for now!

K Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment