Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stockholm Week 5


4th of July

This week the Embassy celebrated the 4th of July, in Sweden... On June 29th naturally. Set up like an american state fair, tents from the east coast, west coast, and "fly over states" were represented serving local fare from the various regions. Ben and Jerry's provided unlimited ice cream favorites, and I was finally to fulfill my texmex crazing with a quesadilla.


The Ambassador sported some levi jeans, boots, and a pearl snap shirt. This Texan could not be prouder.

There were some other sharply dressed attendees as well. When I see this gentleman, I think of the bud light radio commercials.


Bud Light proudly Salutes
Real American Heroes,
Real Men of Genius


Today we salute you, Mr. frat-tastic King of Preppy. Armed with charm, style, a green blazer, and a little help from a J. Crew catalog and your yellow hanky, your pink pants have helped you win best dressed 2010.

So, crack open a cold bud light and a can of starch and you're ready to go!

Dinner with Oscar


One of our family friends put my in touch with her Swedish cousin that lives in Stockholm. Oscar and I met for dinner on an old ship on the water facing old town and the royal palace. We drank rose, a Swedish summertime favorite. Oscar owns a bakery here in Stockholm, Friends of Adam, and I can't wait to frequent it. We also discussed possible places for me to find chocolate chips in Stockholm, a delicacy here!



The Gondalen

On Thursday night, I was invited to attend a work function at the Gondalen, a famous restaurant in Stockholm that has the best views in the city. My favorite dish of the night was a grapefruit infused salmon ceviche. so light, delicate, and refreshing for a cool summer evening.


Congrats!
I wanted to send a special "shout out" to Carrie and Daniel getting married this weekend. Congratulations, and so sorry to miss out on the big day. Have an amazing time in the Caymans!

I look forward on updating you all on my trip to Lake Como in the coming days.

Ciao!
K Fitz

1 comment:

  1. just now catching up on your blog and must say that the Bud Light radio commercial shout-out made my day -- I love those!

    ReplyDelete